Winchester to Eastbourne on foot

Lance
All, I promise this is the last time I'll hijack the Forum for this purpose. My big walk is imminent! On 27/28 May I'll be trying to walk the 103 miles between Winchester & Eastbourne in aid of the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Air Ambulance. Thanks to all you giggers who've already sponsored me. If anyone else would like to please click on the link below:

www.since1664.com/Lance_Anelay

Cheers,

Lance

Re: Winchester to Eastbourne on foot

TimP
Done, good luck mate, great effort!
Teamwork
Power
Passion

Re: Winchester to Eastbourne on foot

Jason Hebblethwaite
Bumping this back to the top for you pal, hope the walk went Well!

Re: Winchester to Eastbourne on foot

Lance
Thank you so much for your sponsorship.  I think the grand total will be c.£2,000 for the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.

The event was quite an experience.  My sister and I set off from Winchester at 5.30 on Saturday morning.  Much of the first day was pleasant enough, including our brother joining us for a few hours.  For me the pain started just after 6 on Saturday evening, lifted slightly after dinner and a cold beer, picking up again in the middle of the night.  Walking in the near pitch black was interesting, made easier by the odd bit of navigational help from the serving Royal Marine who’d joined us after his mate dropped out injured.

Day 2 was attritional – it’s amazing how long you seem to circle Brighton’s Amex Stadium before finally leaving it to the west!  Some good chats with Sussex’s Sunday walkers took our minds off things a bit before the last slog.  I was quite looking forward to the Seven Sisters and Beachy Head but once you’ve walked 97 miles the reality of their ups and downs is a bit different!

I’ve attached a picture of my sister and I having just crossed the finish line.  We were delighted to get there – of the 27 who started, only 6 of us finished.  I’m now recuperating in Cornwall, having a much less active holiday than normal!

Thanks again and Good Luck in Swanage,

Lance