UPDATE SUNDAY 28th May.at 5 pm please read . Annual Spring Bank Holiday Fun Day, Monday 29th May ,Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

UPDATE SUNDAY 28th May.at 5 pm please read . Annual Spring Bank Holiday Fun Day, Monday 29th May ,Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

We will be making our way down to The Hinge at Wittering for A day of fun and games, Tug O'War, sack races, rounders, three legged races all members and families are welcome to participate. Some by rowing to and from the event, others by driving down to the main public car park at Wittering. High tide is at 3 pm so we can return on the incoming tide .
It is anticipated that we will leave from Northney Marina at 10.00 am to arrive at around 11am to enjoy the sandy beach.
We have the approval of the Chichester Conservancy to hold this event and to land with our boats.
All Crews must have a competent cox and crew members will need to satisfy their appointed competent cox of their ability to row in the prevailing conditions on the day.
One way rowing will only be considered where the replacement rower is of a sufficient standard .
Last year we found that the crews returning from Wittering were not maintained to the strength of the outgoing crews.
Having said all that, its a great social event and we always have fun
We will take whatever gigs we have available at the time and we will need competent cox trainers please to come forward, along with potential rowers and drivers able to take passengers and kit to Wittering.
We have invited the cutters rowing club to join us as in previous years.
WE PRESENTLY HAVE SUFFICIENT CREWS AND COXES FOR THREE GIGS.
HERE ARE THE CREWS FOR NEXT MONDAY.
Care has been taken to maximize the strength in each crew and they should not be changed unless approved by the appointed cox trainer..

PLEASE MEET AT THE MARINA AT 9.30 pm to launch one and prepare 3 gigs . Please can Matt  be on hand to help by towing one gig to the main slipway. The other  two will be on the pontoon BERTH E 34 from Sunday ready for Monday.

Please can those LIVING ON HAYLING and driving over to The Hinge call into the Marina at 9.30 am and take any bulky items from rowers to the Hinge at The Wittering's

Mike Gilbert will be on call if any assistance with a rib  is required on the return leg from The Hinge mob 07767350512

please Row together as a flotilla of gigs .

The forecast is for overcast dry weather from 10 am onward . The return row will leave from Wittering at 2.30 pm aprox.

Crews are as follows
Langstone
C/T Errol
Patrick
Caitlin
Roo
Les G
Sue L
Passenger / Rower Megan
Anita Preston

CShell
C/T Paula
Molly
Emma
Matt
Jemima
Sheila T
Ali T
Angela W Rower passenger
Heidi Rower Passenger

Heart
C/T Martin
Kimberley
Michelle
Paul J
Billy
Georgie rower passenger
Kate M
Lee

Crews adjusted to maximise strength as above. 5 pm Sunday night .

 Kath nd myself will go to The Hinge early on Monday to set up camp and errect our Two Club Flags which will mark the landing site and venue for those travelling by road and Sea.

See you all at The Hinge , which is located at the far western end of the west wittering car park if you travel by road.

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Patrick W
Hi Brian, can I be considered for a rowing position either outbound, homebound or both ways if space is avilable, will passengers be allowed in boats for juniors etc.

Regards Patrick

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Love to join in, preferably both ways.  Sue

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Hi Patrick , Any junior rowers are welcome to row one way , subject to the weather or to be as passengers .
Hope this helps . Brian
Sam

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Sam
Hi Brian,
Me and the girls will come but will drive over like last year. Hoping it's a bit warmer this year! Looking forward to it x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Roo Lynton-Evans
Hi Brian,

Hurrah! our favourite event of the year.  Lou and I would love to come with the kids.

Would love to row/cox, would prefer to do one way, happy to either row there or back - whatever suits, but can do both if needed.  Lou's happy to take stuff in the motor if needed.

Thank you for organising

Roo

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Always a good day. I'm happy to cox if needed. I'll get the kites ready.

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Greg Tutt
Jackie and I would like to come please.
Jackie would like to row and I'll be happy to row or cox or rotate with someone.
Thanks
Greg

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Emma Walton
Emma , Jem & Heidi & maybe Matt looking forward to it thanks x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Hoping Molly and I can be there - rowing , coxing etc x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Looking forwards to it I would like to row if possible please

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Yes please for both of us,row or cox

Robina and Chris

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Kate Moth
Would love to join in! Will drive down with Sean and Leila :-)

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Still spaces for a few more rowers and limitless spaces for those travelling by road . .

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

les goodall
Hi Brian.
I find myself unexpectedly available on the 29th
.would love to row, picknick,fly my kite & play games.
Some friends & family may join me on the wittering side.
.... Les .... 🌊🚣🌊 😎

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Yes please for Michelle Paul Billie and Georgie thankyou

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Lee Farquhar
Hi Brian,
Id like to row both ways if possible.

Regards,Lee

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Apologies Brian, Greg and I will not be able to make this row now. Hope you all have a wonderful time! x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Brian
Hi Goggers , We will start putting names to crews and gigs after wednesday of this week. If you have not already done so  please ensure that you have indicated if you want to row over or if you are driving to the Witterings to help in sorting out the crews .many thanks Brian

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Errolg
Hi Brian,

I am going to offer my services this year to cox or row rather than paddling the kayak. Which is a break in tradition but will be well worth it.

Cheers,
Errol
12