Spirit - leaking!

Paula Bray
Hi GG's not sure if this one is for you or needs to be referred to Alan Bridle but discovered this morning where SOL is leaking.  There are five cracks (2-3 inches long)  in two of the planks between position 5 and 4 bow side - looks as though they have opened up in the hot weather.  She only leaks when there is unequal weight distribution as they are above the waterline but she needs to be looked at fairly quickly and probably needs a filler repair before the GRR and then a proper job done after.

Could someone take a look please and advise?!

Paula

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Matt
I'll look at it tomorrow Paula, how's that for service...

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Perry

I have some stockholm tar left over from Seahawks repairs - ideal for filling a seam - let me know when you are going over to the unit and I'll try to meet you there.

Perry

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Thank you guys!

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Hi Perry
I'll be down there today at 2pm if you are around.

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Paula
The cracks are mostly old ones opened up again, the heat is not helping, they need to be covered ideally.
It appears they resulted from a significant impact as one rib in the middle is also cracked.
Full repair will need new planks, I'm not sure if Alan is tooled up for that?
There's a bigger crack further forward that has tape over it internally, this would need similar permanent repairs too.
I've prepped the cracks to take a primer and Sikafkex 290, these are ordered, I'll get it finished by the end of the week.

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Paula Bray
Thanks Matt.  The long term solution sounds pretty intrusive perhaps we can get Alan to take a look when he is back but the repair suggested sounds pretty sound for now.

Re: Spirit - leaking!

robina and chris
With these repairs in progress, should we not use her on Wed night ?

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Robina,
She's fit for the water now, just cosmetics, I wouldn't want to hold you gals back!
She's sealed, mastic is in place, I'll rub her down tomorrow and get a coat of undercoat on.

Re: Spirit - leaking!

robina and chris
Thanks Matt, much appreciated !

Re: Spirit - leaking!

Thanks Matt
Brilliant service from logging the fault to resolution!
Jackie