We’ve got 7 oars on the bench for refurbishment and repairs, lots of other projects on the go and a thinly stretched maintenance team running into the Scillies preps...
On the back of that, I’ve seen three cases of oar dragging and dropping on hard surfaces in the last 24hrs!
Please take care of them like you paid for them, which you did in effect...
- Stow all 6 in the bow facing up the same way
- If you need to lean them as a group against something then nominate someone to hold them or watch them.
- Walk with the blade out front
- Concentrate when loading them into the container
- Consider leaning them blade down out of the wind.