OAR ANGEL!

Matt
Moan Alert!

We’ve got 7 oars on the bench for refurbishment and repairs, lots of other projects on the go and a thinly stretched maintenance team running into the Scillies preps...
On the back of that, I’ve seen three cases of oar dragging and dropping on hard surfaces in the last 24hrs!
Please take care of them like you paid for them, which you did in effect...

- Stow all 6 in the bow facing up the same way
- If you need to lean them as a group against something then nominate someone to hold them or watch them.
- Walk with the blade out front
- Concentrate when loading them into the container
- Consider leaning them blade down out of the wind.

Moan Over,

Re: OAR ANGEL!

robina and chris
I can't be sure of the exact price but they cost between £300 - £400 each.

Just saying !

Re: OAR ANGEL!

Here is a reminder of a previous post about due care and attention to these expensive essential assets called oars:

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Due-care-and-attention-when-handling-our-oars-td37022.html

Re: OAR ANGEL!

Paula Bray
It never hurts to keep reminding!