Lyme Regatta -Safety information

robina and chris
RTRC_Safety_boat_instructions.pdf

Lyme have asked for all those attending to read the above.

thanks

Re: Lyme Regatta -Safety information

Re: Lyme Regatta -Safety information

That's a good illustration, touch wood we never have to use it; maybe we could incorporate this drill into our future safety training if a friendly RIB would try it with us? Or our friends at the RNLI for sim ops training?

Re: Lyme Regatta -Safety information

Natalie
Yup completely agree - I sent it to the helms at the station last night.
I also reinstated our request to do a training exercise with them as this has been on the cards for some time.
During Mike's reign the plan was to merge with the Cutters and they said they preferred the summer water temps.  I have asked if they could consider Sept after our Regatta season is complete and everyone is back from holiday.  The trouble with that is I am away a lot in Sept but will keep all required posted.

Re: Lyme Regatta -Safety information

These things occur in all weathers and temps. so we should practise when conditions

 are not so good and then if it does happen and the weather's nice we are all over it!

Cheers CB

Re: Lyme Regatta -Safety information

Natalie
Chris totally agree, but at the time the conversations were around devising best procedures which included MOB, and as I understand it warmer waters were preferred.

Thereafter however,  training can commence in various conditions using said procedures.

We have a "Dead Fred" we can use for MOB so that may have to suffice but we shall see what transpires with my recent email.  A meeting(s) will need to be had on dry land first though.