Ladies Training - a note about the run up to the Scillies - updated 11/1/18.

Ladies Training - a note about the run up to the Scillies - updated 11/1/18.

Happy New Year!  For the ladies membership a bit of an explanation of what is likely to happen pre-Scillies at weekends.  Initial Scillies Squads have been selected, communicated and they will train together from now on most weekends.  Saturdays are our main squad training days but there is some capacity to mix things up more on a Sunday at least initially.

This years potential Scillies crews know that they have to be fit, committed and do regular benchmark tests and can be moved around within the squads depending on feedback and performance. There are also inevitably more ladies wanting to row in the Scillies than there are places in the boats so we need to work that through. In the next few weeks Eithne and I will be agreeing Scillies boat captains who will be responsible for collecting availability, ensuring that their squads train and will assist us make decisions about how we manage the final selection process.  If you think that you are up for doing that important & possibly tricky job then please email  me directly.

Why am I telling all the ladies network this - clearly I need your help & perseverance.  At the moment thanks to Perry we have four boats on offer & for the last two weekends we were/are lucky to have four sets of ladies wishing to row.  At some point our boat capacity will reduce and we might have to rethink timing on Saturday and Sunday sessions.

For as long as we can on Saturdays we will be putting out the squads so any ladies not going to the Scillies might either find themselves in a separate boat or filling in on those occasions when Scillies ladies are unable to row.  Once we have the captains in place and know Saturday availability then those teams will take priority on Saturday sessions - we can of course offer more opportunities in the mixed session (subject to coxes) so please don't feel that you won't get to row. Sundays for now we will try and keep pairs together but mix things up a bit more.  I also hope that we can borrow from our coaches & key coxes cadre to steer and coach in each boat but clearly we rely on others and if not we will have to cox & rotate.  I will also try with the help of a few others to ensure that you don't have to cox & rotate on two days running.

Finally can I just say that the squads selected to date are for the Scillies only – whilst there is an expectation they will commit to regattas too I am aware there will be other ladies who will wish to be considered for regatta selection.  So use those ergs girls - but we will revisit that when the time comes.

As ever any questions please grab me or Eithne over the weekend or email me or call me.

Paula

Re: Ladies Training - a note about the next 16 weeks & crew lists weekend 6/7 January 2018

Re: Ladies Training - a note about the next 16 weeks & crew lists weekend 6/7 January 2018

Re: Ladies Training - a note about the next 16 weeks & crew lists weekend 6/7 January 2018

Re: Ladies Training - a note about the run up to the Scillies - updated 11/1/18.

Re: Ladies Training - a note about the run up to the Scillies - updated 11/1/18.