JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - Good Luck Perry and Juniors

JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - Good Luck Perry and Juniors

Hi Juniors
We have now chosen the team for the Hamble River Raid and as you may have seen from the Forum the team consists of the following Juniors –

Jemima, Amy, Caitlin, Jack, Zak, Georgie, Heidi and Megan in Acorn with Perry as cox.  Langstone are also sending along C Shel with Brian coxing a crew of adults who won the Mega Gig Trophy last year and so there is everything to play for!

The plan is for everyone to meet at Northney between 9.30 and 10am on Saturday to collect lifejackets and then drive in convoy behind Perry to Hamble Point Marina to launch Acorn. It may be a good idea to car share if you can as there is limited parking.  C Shel and the crew of adults should be leaving at around the same time and will be at Hamble to assist with launching. The plan will then be to launch from there and the rowers to row around to Hamble Le Rice where there will be tents set up for the event.

Therefore spectators and parents can leave some cars at Hamble Point Marina and should drive in a couple of cars around to Hamble Le Rice village to await the start of the race, there is limited parking on the quay but there is an extra car park further up the road.

The boats will be left on the beach until the start and rowers can then get out and register and have something to eat and drink prior to the race. I think Registration closes at 12.00 ( Mid-day ) and the racing starts at 1.30pm with the gigs going last.

The race should last no longer than an hour and then there is the awards ceremony.  It is best for the gigs to go straight back to the Marina on finishing and with assistance from some adults can be put back on trailers. Then you can return for the ceremony.

If the plan is any different please let me know Perry, or if anyone has any queries at all please ask.

I would have like to go along and support but as Andrew is away and Paula and Perry will be in Hamble, both Greg and I will stay at Northney and take out the Juniors.
Jackie x

Jemima
Amy
Caitlin
Jack
Zak
Georgie

Megan passenger swap in
Heidi passenger swap in

Maddie Reed reserve

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Jemima Walton
Sounds fun! I'm up for it x

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Amy S
Sounds great! I'd love to go!!

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

CaitlinWalsh
I'm up for it x

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Jack Anson
Sounds Great Yes Please

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

yes please for Georgie

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Megan walsh
Me please, I would love to go x

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Emma Walton
Heidi would like to be considered for the raid please. Thanks

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May 2017

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - LAST CHANCE!

Joss kingdom
Zak please

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - LAST CHANCE!

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - LAST CHANCE!

Charlottereed
Maddie would like to be considered if we're not too late.

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - LAST CHANCE!

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - Squad confirmation

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - Squad confirmation

Angela Walsh

Hi Jackie

Just wondered what time we need to be at The Hamble River..
Many thanks

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - Squad confirmation

Hi Angela
I am just putting together an email for all those attending and will pop it over and also update this post shortly. I know that registration has to be before 12pm.
See you soon
Jackie x

Re: JUNIORS Hamble River Raid Sat 13th May - Squad confirmation

Angela Walsh
Many Thanks
Jackie.X