JUNIORS Great River Race - 9/9/17 CREW CONFIRMATION AND COST.

JUNIORS Great River Race - 9/9/17 CREW CONFIRMATION AND COST.

Juniors & Parents.

As you may have seen Perry has recently entered Acorn in the GRR specifically for a Junior crew.  There will only be space in this crew for 7 junior rowers and we do need a strong team, everyone must be capable of rowing for the time and distance required - up to 3 1/2 hours and 21.6 miles! There will be a fair bit of training required to make sure you are ready to race the distance, so availability and commitment from rowers and parents right from the start is essential.

The Junior Team are really looking forward to putting the team together - it will be an amazing experience and a great achievement for everyone who takes part. We do realise that we have more Juniors who are capable of completing the course than we can take, so don't worry if you can't do it this time - there will be other years!

After much consultation the Junior Team have decided on the below crew for the Great River Race 2017. Please be aware this is a long and strenuous row and as stated previously we needed to consider this fact when choosing the team. Perry has agreed that he will take 8 Junior rowers and this means that none of the older Juniors will miss out this year. Taking eight will also allow for more rotation and some resilience if someone drops outs or gets injured. We have checked with the GRR organisers and there is no problem at all with taking eight.

The starting crew will be as follows

6 - Caitlin
5 - Jem
4 - Jude
3 - Jack
2 - Amy
1 - Bruce

Bow Pax to rotate in - Billie
Cox Pax to rotate in - Lucy

Perry will take Acorn to Richmond and has already paid for a tow down river. The total cost for the Great River Race which includes 8 x Junior entries of £29, 1 x adult entry of £58, river tow from Richmond to East London starting point £95 and petrol costs are £450 which will mean a payment of £50 per 9 members of the crew.

Once we have the Junior Sprints out of the way, Perry will aim to have 2 long rows a week, one in the evenings and one at the weekend.  If possible we will keep Acorn at the Marina and will need adult help to launch and recover.
Nearer the time there will be a coach arranged by The Cutters and the Gig Club usually take spaces on there. This will be to the starting point at London Docklands and home from the finishing point at Ham  so if you are unable to take your juniors along on the day this could be an option. There is a charge for this coach will I will confirm nearer the time so think about your options for transport for this event.

PLEASE EMAIL jackietutt@outlook.com TO CONFIRM THAT YOU STILL WISH TO BE PART OF THE GREAT RIVER RACE LANGSTONE JUNIOR CREW FOR 2017!

Thanks
Jackie, Perry, Andrew and Paula

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Jemima would like to row the GRR again this year.
It was a great experience for her last year, fully recommended!

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Jude Ramsbottom
Jude please

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Jack Anson
Yes please, Rowed it last year! Such an experience and enjoyable day. But  hard row. Highly Recommend it

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

CaitlinWalsh
Me please x

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Yes please for Billie thankyou

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Perry
Amy please

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Megan walsh
I would like to be considered if that's ok x

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Bruce Irwin
Hi Perry,  Bruce would like to be considered for the GRR but understands that you have 7 crew already.  Thanks for great day yesterday!

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Graham Allardice
Hi Jackie and Perry

Lucy would like to be considered for this.

Hope all well

Graham

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race - 9/9/17 Crew/cost details now issued.

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race - 9/9/17 CREW CONFIRMATION AND COST.

Joss kingdom
Wish we were coming to row - maybe next year!
If you are short for training rows because someone can't make it and Zak is free.....

Re: JUNIORS Great River Race - 9/9/17 CREW CONFIRMATION AND COST.

Thanks will remember that and maybe Perry will call on Zak to fill a spot for training.