Quantcast

Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Perry
This post was updated on .
A plan is forming!

I will take SH to Thorney Island on Sun 2 Apr after the Mens Row late morning.

She will remain on her trailer in Simon's barn.

Sunday 2 - 4 PM
Working party to clean her out / remove floorboards etc and start sanding rough areas down - focus on the outside hull for paint - just scrub out the inside as best as we can for now.

Monday - nothing planned - chance to dry out a little.

Tue 2pm onwards
Finish Paint preparation - undercoat or first topcoat depending on condition.

Wed 2PM onwards
Finish first paint / Chris Judd to fix keel band

Thu 2PM onwards
Final paint session - restore floorboards etc

Fri PM
Towed back to Marina - but prefer to leave her out of the water for the weekend to allow paint to harden.

Thank you to those who have volunteered to help - I have spoken with the guards on Thorney Island on what is needed to get in.  If I could have your full name, e.g "Mr Perry Stowell", not just Perry or Perry S, I will send a list to the guardhouse, so they are expecting you at the gate - you will just need photo ID (driving licence) and say you are with the LCGC and are helping paint the gig in Farmer Sprackling's barn, to get a car pass and entry to the base.  I will post exact directions on where the barn is on the Island, once Simon lets me know.

I have all the paint / sandpaper / brushes  needed, but if you have other tools please bring them along.

Volunteers so far:

Al .....
Robina Bream
Sheila Tidd
Eimear .....
Martin Evans
Rachel Norris
Douglas Smith
Sarah Batter
Mark Brownjohn
Kimberley ....
Chris Ellis
Chris Judd
Beverley Whitley

Thanks again
Perry
Al

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Al
I am between jobs that week so am available any days 3-7th ! Al

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

I can fit in a couple of 2 hr slots.

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Sheila Tidd
Hi I should be able to help.
Sheila

Sent from my iPad

On 10 Mar 2017, at 19:21, Perry [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Scillies C teams - I have a plan to get Seahawk looking a little bit smarter.  My intent is to get her over to Thorney Island and into one of Simon Spracking's barns for a few days so we can clean her out and paint the bits that need it.
Dates - if Simon agrees - will be Sun 2 Apr - Fri 7 Apr, taking her over after the Sunday row and returning in time for the Saturday sessions.
If you can help with a couple of hours sometime in the week please post below.  I will sort out a work plan, based on availability and provide all the materials.
One issue will be access to the Army base on Thorney - we will need to get you signed on and off, so advanced notice is required.
Everyone welcome to help, not just C team!
Thanks
Perry

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Help-needed-to-prep-and-paint-Seahawk-2-7-Apr-tp31211.html

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Happy to help Perry. Just let me know what time and day so I can move things around if needed.

Hi Perry I should be able to help on the Tuesday or Thursday or possibly both
Rachel

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Perry

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

douglas smith

  i could do any time between 1 and 5 on wednesday afternoon if that is of any use.

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

sarahb
Is there evening availability?

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Mark Brownjohn
I can slot in some time as needed.

Mark

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Perry

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

I could do a few hours on the Tuesday

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Hi Perry,
I can help out on the Sunday if needed.
Bev  (Beverley Whitley)

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

I can do Sunday.