Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - barn location

Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - barn location

Perry
This post was updated on .
The barn is a Large Grey concrete building - the first one on the right hand side after the guard house

Thank you to those volunteering - I will try to stick with the timings below - essentially just the 4 afternoons Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu.  I hope about 3 hours work each day will be enough, so no requirement for evening shifts beyond 5pm (again thank you to those that offered.)

The gate has the list of names and my phone number - any issues get them to call me.

I will take SH to Thorney Island on Sun 2 Apr after the Mens Row late morning.

She will remain on her trailer in Simon's barn.

Sunday 2 - 4 PM
Working party to clean her out / remove floorboards etc and start sanding rough areas down - focus on the outside hull for paint - just scrub out the inside as best as we can for now.

Monday - nothing planned - chance to dry out a little.

Tue 2pm onwards
Finish Paint preparation - undercoat or first topcoat depending on condition.

Wed 2PM onwards
Finish first paint / Chris Judd to fix keel band

Thu 2PM onwards
Final paint session - restore floorboards etc

Fri PM
Towed back to Marina - but prefer to leave her out of the water for the weekend to allow paint to harden.

Thank you to those who have volunteered to help - I have spoken with the guards on Thorney Island on what is needed to get in.  If I could have your full name, e.g "Mr Perry Stowell", not just Perry or Perry S, I will send a list to the guardhouse, so they are expecting you at the gate - you will just need photo ID (driving licence) and say you are with the LCGC and are helping paint the gig in Farmer Sprackling's barn, to get a car pass and entry to the base.  I will post exact directions on where the barn is on the Island, once Simon lets me know.

I have all the paint / sandpaper / brushes  needed, but if you have other tools please bring them along.

Volunteers so far:

Al .....
Robina Bream
Sheila Tidd
Eimear O'Callaghan
Martin Evans
Rachel Norris
Douglas Smith
Sarah Batter
Mark Brownjohn
Kimberley Mackey
Chris Ellis
Chris Judd
Beverley Whitley

Thanks again
Perry
Al

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Al
I am between jobs that week so am available any days 3-7th ! Al

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

I can fit in a couple of 2 hr slots.

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Sheila Tidd
Hi I should be able to help.
Sheila

Sent from my iPad

On 10 Mar 2017, at 19:21, Perry [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Scillies C teams - I have a plan to get Seahawk looking a little bit smarter.  My intent is to get her over to Thorney Island and into one of Simon Spracking's barns for a few days so we can clean her out and paint the bits that need it.
Dates - if Simon agrees - will be Sun 2 Apr - Fri 7 Apr, taking her over after the Sunday row and returning in time for the Saturday sessions.
If you can help with a couple of hours sometime in the week please post below.  I will sort out a work plan, based on availability and provide all the materials.
One issue will be access to the Army base on Thorney - we will need to get you signed on and off, so advanced notice is required.
Everyone welcome to help, not just C team!
Thanks
Perry

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Help-needed-to-prep-and-paint-Seahawk-2-7-Apr-tp31211.html

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Happy to help Perry. Just let me know what time and day so I can move things around if needed.

Hi Perry I should be able to help on the Tuesday or Thursday or possibly both
Rachel

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Perry

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

douglas smith

  i could do any time between 1 and 5 on wednesday afternoon if that is of any use.

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

sarahb
Administrator
Is there evening availability?

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Mark Brownjohn
I can slot in some time as needed.

Mark

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

Perry

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr

I could do a few hours on the Tuesday

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Hi Perry,
I can help out on the Sunday if needed.
Bev  (Beverley Whitley)

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

I can do Sunday.

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Perry

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

eimearoc
Thanks Perry. Sounds good.  It's Eimear O'Callaghan.

Hi Perry full name is Kimberley Mackey

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Mark Brownjohn
Perry,
Book me in for Tuesday 4th at 2.00pm.

Mark Brownjohn

Re: Help needed to prep and paint Seahawk 2-7 Apr - update

Steve Woods
Perry,

Will be there Tues onwards.

Cheers