Heart Dry Docking

This is the page for the Heart works from now.

PHASE 2
Sanding inside HoH
Just to clear up some queries, this phase involves working on HoH in the garage at Marine Walk, this is not sanding floor boards that you take away with you!
When a ‘bay’ is mentioned it refers to a section of the Gig internally.

Jan 2018 Internal sanding teams as follows
Updated 17th Jan

Matt will be there every morning this week 15th-19th Jan

Bow {Ivor} Ivor Sat 20th tbc
No 1 {Clare, Aisling, Jax, Ali} Ali & Aisling Sat 20th
No 2 {Robina, Jane, Paula, Sheila} tbc
No 3 {Greg, Tim, Jackie} COMPLETED! Yay
No 4 {Matt, Perry, Simon} tbc
No 5 {Doug, Patrick, Simon H} tbc
No 6 {Eimear, Emma, Bev} Bev, Sat 20th after ladies
Cox {Kimmy, Michelle, Paul} Paul and Michelle Sat 20th 1pm
Transom {    }
All the best equipment and PPE will be provided, plus tea making facilities and radio!

PHASE 1

Today the old coating removal was completed after a second long 11hr cold day.
We had various stop starts as the marina got to grips with our technical plans and paperwork!

I felt a touch sad on the last piece being removed as the blaster moved effortlessly over the sign writing. A great sacrifice was made by me to intervene and stop ‘Heart’ being struck from her proud bow!
As you will see we left her name in one small place.

Please follow the progress and help out when you can.

Oh my, we’ll need some willing helpers with hairy sticks in the New Year!

Re: Heart Dry Docking

That is amazing Matt. A bit sad as you say and a bit scary to see her sort of disappearing before our eyes, but really exciting to see what will happen next. A great start on her journey to a well earned and respected position in our fleet, which is just what she deserves. Thank you so much for all your passion and commitment to our lovely club to get all these things done.
Jackie

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Natalie
What Jackie said definitely!  MASSIVE big thank you Matt.  I am away in SA 20th Dec until 23 Jan so happy to help Heart's recovery after that.

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Does anyone one have any photos of Heart’s builders plate which is located on the inside stern of the hull? It would help me considerably if someone had one!

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Heart is now under military guard in Simon’s shed, she’ll be drying out slowly until after Xmas.
I’ve cleared up the blasting bay at the clubhouse, blocks relocated to the red compound, it’s better than I found it now.
Thanks for everyone’s drive by verbal support! Especially the member who stopped to help me sweep up.

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Heart of Hayling is back on Hayling....Yay
Who wants to see how light she is now?
I’d like to roll and insert her into Al’s garage in Marine Walk this Thurs pm at 18:00, can I get 16 bods to meet me there?
Pls post on main page so I know numbers.

Re: Heart Dry Docking

PHASE 2
Thanks to everyone who came along today, especially the ones from over yonder!
We had plenty of muscle and height, I prefer to have too much so no one takes a strain.

Next step is to brush it and get the sand out, then we’ll work inside the hull to remove any last flecks of paint.
Watch this space for more volunteering opportunities...
I’ll breakdown the hull into sections so we can each work on our own bit. Bow, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Cox, if you want a pair or triple of you to team up then I’ll hand over a section, let me know below.

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~ Robert Collier

Thanks again

Re: Heart Dry Docking

I hope you guys don’t mind but I’d like to take number 4 along with Simon Spracklin and Perry!
So we’ll do from No 4 seat inc. to the back of No 5 seat.
We will pick out all the white bits and sand it ready for varnish, that’s ⅛ of the internal area done!
7 more pledges from teams below will really float our boat!
I’d like this completed by Feb 1st if we can aim for that.
I’ll provide instructions for tools, materials and access to the garage.

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Perry
Good idea -  more than happy to eat my bit of the elephant!

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Great cheers Perry,
I’ll be in touch.

Re: Heart Dry Docking

eimearoc
Hey Matt
I can do Sunday after ladies row until lunch time. Not sure if anyone is scheduled to be there around the same time.

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Matt
I knew you would be one of the first Eimear! Do you have another gigger or two to team up with? Then I can give you a bay to ‘own’.
Are there two more who can join Eimear?

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Emma Walton
Hi Eimear I'll be your 2nd team member !  Who's going to join us?

Re: Heart Dry Docking

douglas smith

happy to do my bit -  days and details to be discussed at tomorrows row.

Douglas

Re: Heart Dry Docking

I can join you Emma and Eimear x

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Great, Doug, cu tomoz

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Bravo Bev, that’s another bay taken, you 3 wonderful rowers can have bay 6 as Eimear started you off!

Re: Heart Dry Docking

I can do either 5 or 2 (maybe better for vertically challenged)
I prefer to do weekdays -anyone else?

Re: Heart Dry Docking

Matt
2 is good for you Robina, nice and skinny!

Re: Heart Dry Docking

jax sprackling
Hi I am happy to help out, maybe with Robina if the timing works?
1234