Grumpy Gits Board

Matt
We've gone onto 3 pages and 620 views on our other posting so I've started afresh again to keep us on the first page.

Latest news is:
Dougie has sorted the padlock, yay.
We have a busy week down in the red compound looking at the old trailer and HOH's keel strap, I'm just awaiting a couple of fabricator volunteers for a survey.
Painting in U3 to be done in a couple of weeks, I have Patrick and Alan so far and we could do with a couple more.
Jackie's key box needs sorting when she digs it out.
Sharon has asked us to tidy up her lawn on Bream Hill, still awaiting the go from Brian but we need to identify and protect the Orchids first.
Scrap from the old oar rack will be collected this pm.
The bike rack option has been put to Bev in accounts we are waiting the green light on that maybe this could be discussed tomorrow at the Comm meeting?
Chopping board has been provided by Alan to protect the work tops, that's a good pickup.

The participation and energy for our Grumpy thrust has been phenomenal, I think we are needing a little social to touch base as a team soon so watch this space.

If there are any other boarderline GG's (I know who you are) then please come out of the closet and we shall support you!

Matt, GG 001

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Sue Loveridge
Although I am away quite a bit, if there are any unskilled girlie jobs needed, you can add me to the list. You all seem to be doing so well - it all sounds brilliant.  Sue

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Copy of post on main page:
The rudder for C Shel is in my workshop, it's pintle bracket was secured with only one out of 4 screws!
I'll try to repair it asap and obviously before Saturday.
Does anyone know how the pin secures inside the boss? It looks like it's welded, trouble is that the pin has to be removed to screw the bracket on then reinstate the pin and secure it. If anyone has done it before then please enlighten me or I'll just have a go at it.
The rear buoyancy chamber on C Shel was ⅓ full of brown water, I've left the lower external bung out to drain it as the flow is restricted, this needs to be washed out if anyone fancies it...along with the rest of the boat inside.
The trailer that C Shel is on ( HOH trailer) had an inoperable handbrake, I've figured this out as it seems someone drove off with only the cable attached or operated the handbrake with super human strength and ran the ratchet off the end of the rack and it spun over on its back. This may indicate that the brakes are too slack to allow this to happen, or the end limit stop has sheared? I'll look at this again but in effect it's unsafe to tow, the brake will not stay on if the trailer departed from the tow car. I'll look on the internet for spares as the connecting rod from the push button to the ratchet release is 70% corroded in section.
I'll need a welder GG to fix the stretcher bracket that was broken on C Shel no 3 seat.
Thank you to my little helper who assisted me tonight in the fault finding and partial repairs.

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Matt - I've still got some paint from when I did the oars before Scillies, will pull that out of the garage. Have both blue & white. Where's best to store it? In the container?
Down Thurs evening, happy to give C-Shel a clean whilst down.

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Matt
Hi Jane, thanks for that, I'm sure a few others will help out. Can you or anyone else just confirm for me, is C Shel being used for the Hamble raid?

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

TimP
Hi Matt

I understand that CShel was put on Hearts Trailer on Sunday in order that she could be driven to the Hamble river raid and be crewed by Martin, Doug et al

Tim
Teamwork
Power
Passion

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Alan & Julia
A quick heads-up on the cycle rack front, Colin Jefferies has confirmed the we can go ahead and he's happy with either floor or wall mounted options - we just need to raise the funds to crack on.

A.
Alan & Julia Robinson

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

So as not to worry any of the rowers. I am going but not rowing

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Hi Sue, welcome! I'm sure you'll be a great asset to us.
Alan that's good news about the bike racks, I've asked the juniors in my house to discuss with their team to see if they can come up with a fund raiser just for this, watch for a new post!
Jane, I think the only place for the paint is the container unless anyone has a preference.
I'd like to create a small tool set in the container, can GG's ask husbands or themselves if we can have old tools such as:
Hammer
Mole grips
Long nosed pliers
Normal pliers
Screw drivers
Chisels
Adjustable Spanners
Box for above

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Martin Evans
There is a tool box in the container that needs adding to and also a metal box to keep paint in.

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Unit 3 Painting
Mike is painting Unit 3 on Friday PM followed by G&Ts + Beer at the Royal Oak after!
If the Grumps could have a bit of a turn out to get this job boxed off that would be very satisfying, Patrick and Alan have volunteered already and I hope the new date is still ok.
The more people that arrive the quicker we can go to the pub!

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Matt - cshel is being used on Saturday, we were going to take on HoH trailer, but Paula & I have seen your post about the brakes etc. We are all meeting with Brian Thurs at 6pm ish at the clubhouse, might need a plan C for a trailer then... eeek!
Really appreciate you guys checking these bits & looking to sort.. I wouldn't have a clue when it comes to trailers, hence I cannot tow 👍

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Matt
Jane, the trailer will be OK as it's now fixed, if it's going to be used continually then it could do with a new front end, that's not an unreasonable expense considering its age (1985!)
In a few weeks I'll include it in an asset condition audit and pass that to the committee for budgeting.
The show must go on

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

UPDATES
Cabinet and key box installed
Trailers repaired and maintained, new brackets for supports, new bolts for supports, greased up with copper slip.( waterproof grease not required as we now have a good maintenance frequency and the waterproof stuff gunks up...)
C Shel rudder pintle foundation rebuilt
C Shel stretcher bracket re-welded
C Shel washed out, great job done by HRR team
U3 part painted, see posts from Mike to finish it!
Chris B will cut the lawn on his hill today if the rain stops or later in the week.
Bike rack on hold for a bit, Matt is researching.

GG Help required during end of June/July for HOH repairs, she will go to Al Bridle in June (help required watch for notice), we'll provide the man hours to help Al work his magic again.

If you are a tower then please read instructions for HOH trailer.

Assistance Request, can one of the GGs take on the trailer electrics? I should think it's bulbs initially then some fault finding/ drying out required, let me know who wants to have a crack at this.

Don't be shy, post, commit and enjoy!

Re: Grumpy Gits Board

Alan & Julia
First seat-cushion shelf installed in clubhouse, second should be done tomorrow weather permitting (not enough room in my workshop to rip down the 18mm ply boards)

A.
Alan & Julia Robinson