Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Paula Bray
The Great River Race this year will take place on 9 September.  At the rowing committee this week we agreed to gauge interest from members who would wish to take part.

The Race is a 21.6 mile course from Docklands to Ham and is a very exciting and colourful event.  It is not however for the feint hearted and can be at least three hours of tough rowing.

If you want to find out more then please access the GRR website.

The cost for entry this year is £64.00 per adult inc cox & passenger (Perry has done a seperate post for our juniors).  The closing date for entries is early August but we need to start planning now so that crews can get out together in the summer. There will also ultimately be the cost of boat transport and personal transport to London. The plan in previous years has been to share transport with Langstone Cutters across the harbour and organise a coach.

We agreed that we can fill up to three boats but each boat must have an experienced cox or rotating coxes (approved by the committee), 6 rowers (some of who must be experienced) and the rules dictate that each boat must carry one passenger although rotation is permitted.

There is also a requirement for each boat to be towed to London in advance - so please post if you are also willing to tow.

The next rowing committee is on Tuesday 6.6.17.  If you would like to be considered for a crew then please add your name below by Sunday 4.6.17 so that the committee can start to put crews together.  Please do not sign up as a crew - whilst the committee will try to put out competitive or social teams depending on what our members indicate the decision will rest with the committee.

So for now, please post if you would like to take part and indicate if you wish to be competitive and go for
Silver or if you would prefer to do it for 'fun'.

Regards,

Paula
On behalf of the Rowing Committee

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Paula Bray
Having previously come third overall in a Ladies Vets crew if the opportunity allows I would like to better that. If that does not come off would be happy to row or cox or just go on the spectator boat x

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Hi Paula,
Was there talk of a junior boat? If so then Jemima would like to be considered for that for Fun.
Otherwise Jemima would like to row for Fun In any gig.
Emma would like to row for Fun also.
I can tow as a st/by depending on work, I'd know closer to the time if that's any help.
Thanks for the detailed post.
Waltons

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Hi Paula
Would love to re-join you in the Vets crew and see if we can improve on 3rd!
Liz x

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Hi Matt - Perry posted on May 4th.  Please add Jem's name to his post. Great to know you are happy to tow too and noted re Emma x

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Jason Hebblethwaite
I am potentially interested!

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

I would like to be considered for a competitive crew

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

jax sprackling
Jax and Simon S would both like to row in  it . dont mind social or race ,

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Thanks Paula, I've put Jem on Perry's post, I think Jackie will post her own details on this for the official Junior sign up at a future date.

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Hi Paula
I would like to put my name in for it.

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/Great-River-Race-2017-Saturday-9-September-2017-tp33126.html

I would love to join a competitive vets crew to try to improve on our previous placing!
Jackie x

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Tamsin West
I would also be interested competitively.

Thanks x

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Hi
I would like to row in a comietive crew please

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Patrick W
Hi Paula, May I be considerred as a rower, For fun I think at this time. Regards Patrick

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Could I be considered for non-competitive row?

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Hi  Paul would like to row competitive or fun please if poss

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Fionna Pullen
Yes please xx

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

I would have liked to put a competitive ladies team together as I have already spoken to some ladies. I am happy to cox again and will wait and see what happens.

Re: Great River Race 2017 - Saturday 9 September 2017

Derek
Hello...I'd love to take part, if I'm picked.
123