GRR

Emily Judd
Good luck to all you wonderful river racers. Take care and safe journeys up and enjoy the row on the Thames!

Emily

Re: GRR

Matt
Thanks Emily, we all had a great day, brilliant representation from the Gigs.
Stars of the GRR are the Juniors! Under 3 hrs thanks to great training and prep by Perry and the energetic Juniors.
Of course the mongrel CShel crew did very well being first home of the Hayling Gigs in approx 2h40mins!
Who says it's too hard on skewif stretchers, heaviest boat and not much together time! ( thanks Tim for your slow recovery trick! Worked a treat).
Spirit and Heart had a great day too, polished off with much amber ale...
Lots of effort getting here by the towers and organisers, thanks for your hard work.

Re: GRR

robina and chris
Well done CShel , that's brilliant,Shelley Cook would be so proud, she won fastest Ladies 2 years ago.

Pleased that you all had a good day

Re: GRR

Paula Bray
Just home and yes good day had by all.  C Shel was off like a rocket and no-one caught her.  Spirit and Heart stayed together with Swanage for a long stretch of the race and can I say all the ladies rowed their socks off, with lots of GRR newbies and I think all Gigs finished below 3 hours - so a result.  The "buoys & belles" were brilliant and Molly's cutters crew came second in the u18s and we think third ladies overall.

Ok so no trophies but some pretty fast times - a great row in sunshine, showers, thunder, lighting & hail - eek!

Anyway off to bed x

Re: GRR

Patrick W
Can we thank the all the organisers, towers and support staff and especially all family and friends who made the journey just to support us. It gave us a great boost to hear you cheering us on, especally in the latter stages and also for mucking in to retrieve all the gigs at the end, made a chaotic job much easier.

Regards Patrick

Re: GRR

Mark Brownjohn
Well done everyone, it looked a fantastic day.
Great photos, I wasn't there but cheered you on anyway..
Interesting parrots!!!!!!

Re: GRR

eimearoc
Thank you to all for the fantastic support including  two crazy parrots, thanks to all for the lifting, towing, pulling of the boats, thanks to the cutters for lifting a very heavy heart of hayling into the water 😁. Great event 😁

Re: GRR

anitapreston
I agree with Eimeer. Thanks for all the help and support 😊

Re: GRR

Mike Gilbert
... and thanks for all the joint working at the start and finish - its great the way the 'towers' and club members work together to get the boats there and back safely...

Happy days....

Mike

Re: GRR. Times for Langstone Gig Rowing Crews

C, Shel   2h 43.41
Spirit   2h 49.27
Heart.  2h 53. 11.
Acorn.  2h 58.29
Seahawk 2h 49.17
Congratulations to all our crews , especially to our juniors all finishing  in less than 3 hours .
This years entry for the GRR was 332 fixed seat rowing boats .