GRR 2017 - Update (16.7.17) - 1 male rower required

GRR 2017 - Update (16.7.17) - 1 male rower required

Update 16.7.17 -  final call - any chaps out there that might want to row that have not posted yet?  Again please confirm in next few days or Paul will take a passenger in his boat.

The Great River Race this year will take place on 9 September.  The Race is a 21.6 mile course flag race from Docklands to Ham and is a very exciting and colourful event.  It is not however for the feint hearted and can be at least three hours of tough rowing.  If you want to find out more then please access the GRR website.

The cost for entry this year is £64.00 per adult inc. cox & passenger   All payments must be made to the club regatta account below by 7 July 2017 with an email to Robina (robina.bream@gmail) to say done.

L.C.G.C.
53-50-33
53117263

There will also ultimately be the cost of boat transport and personal transport to London. If you wish to join in an organised coach then please see Robina's later post on the subject.

Crews as at 16 July 2017

Boat 1 – Sol (positions liable to change)
Cox & rotate - Paula

6. Liz (Cpt)
5. Debbie
4. Jackie
3. Ali
2. Sheila
1. Emma
Pax & rotate in – Clare F

Boat 2 – Heart
Cox – Martin (Cpt)

6. Sam
5. Tamsin
4. Eimear
3. Kim
2. Jax
1. Kate
Pax – Anita P

Boat 3 – C Shel
Cox – Brian
6. Alan H
5. Paul (Cpt)
4. Patrick
3. Simon S
2. James
1. Lee
Pax – Vacant ( Georgie as pax if no other rower comes forward this week)

There is also a requirement for each boat to be towed to London in advance - so far the following have said they are willing to tow - please can you confirm!

James (HoH) - to be confirmed
Greg - (SoL) - confirmed
Paul J - C Shel - confirmed
Matt - reserve tower but subject to be in country but will not know until late August.

Regards,

Paula
On behalf of the Rowing Committee

Re: GRR Crews

Tanis.c
Hi Paula ,

Thank you but I won't be able to take part in
The GRR after all , but thank you anyway
And wish the crews all the best !
Tanis

Re: GRR Crews

Hi Paula , I am happy to cox the CShel crew for the GRR  its a great crew and gig . Brian x

Sent from my iPad

On 25 Jun 2017, at 18:18, Paula Bray [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

The Great River Race this year will take place on 9 September.  The Race is a 21.6 mile course flag race from Docklands to Ham and is a very exciting and colourful event.  It is not however for the feint hearted and can be at least three hours of tough rowing.

If you want to find out more then please access the GRR website.

The cost for entry this year is £64.00 per adult inc. cox & passenger   All payments must be made to the club regatta account below by 7 July 2017 with an email to Robina (robina.bream@gmail) to say done.

L.C.G.C.
53-50-33
53117263

There will also ultimately be the cost of boat transport and personal transport to London. The plan in previous years has been to share transport with Langstone Cutters across the harbour and organise a coach.

We agreed that we can fill up to three boats but each boat must have an experienced cox or rotating coxes (approved by the committee), 6 rowers (some of who must be regatta experienced) and the rules dictate that each boat must carry one passenger although rotation is permitted.

Crews as at 25 June 2017

Boat 1 – Sol
Cox & rotate - Paula

6. Liz (Cpt)
5. Debbie
4. Linda
3. Ali
2. Jackie
1. Emma
Pax – Sheila

Boat 2 – Heart
Cox – Martin (Cpt)

6. Sam
5. Tamsin
4. Eimear
3. Kim
2. Tanis
1. Jax
Pax – Kate

Boat 3 – C Shel **
Cox – TBA
6. Alan H
5. Paul (Cpt)
4. Patrick
3. Simon
2. James
1. Derek
Pax – Lee
(**This boat still requires an experienced cox or a number of rowers deemed competent to cox who can rotate)

b>Reserves:-
Anita P
Clare F
(Ladies - please watch the posts as there may be some who no longer wish to row in which case you may still get the opportunity to row)

There is also a requirement for each boat to be towed to London in advance - so far the following have said they are willing to tow but please advise if there are any other potential towers:

James
Matt (TBC)
Paul J

Regards,

Paula
On behalf of the Rowing Committee

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/GRR-Crews-tp34847.html

Re: GRR Crews

Ok Tanis - thanks for letting us know so early! x

Re: GRR Crews

Thanks Brian x

Re: GRR Crews

Hi to my crew

Can you email me with your ideas as to the best way to contact each other. For Venice we set up a WhatsApp group which seemed to work well.

It would also be good to know your availability during the week and if you want to use spare boats at the weekends.

Can you also let me know your preferred side and positions and your preference on jelly babies, wine gums etc.

Paula can we have Spirit Of Langstone as I have had HoH the last 2 years I have done the GRR.

Lets go for it then!

Re: GRR Crews

Martin Evans
Paula

Just noticed you have already grabbed the best boat!

Re: GRR Crews

Hey Martin,

I can do Tuesday's, Wed, Thursdays. I can do every position except 1- i'm too short :(. Whatsapp is good and I love jelly babies.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Martin Evans [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi to my crew

Can you email me with your ideas as to the best way to contact each other. For Venice we set up a WhatsApp group which seemed to work well.

It would also be good to know your availability during the week and if you want to use spare boats at the weekends.

Can you also let me know your preferred side and positions and your preference on jelly babies, wine gums etc.

Paula can we have Spirit Of Langstone as I have had HoH the last 2 years I have done the GRR.

Lets go for it then!

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/GRR-Crews-tp34847p34903.html

Re: GRR Crews

jax sprackling
Hi Martin, I am happy to row in any position except 6, not experienced enough, and my preference is wine gums or Wurthers originals. I am free Wednesdays and Thursday evenings for training. I am happy with a Whatsapp group for contacting.

Re: GRR Crews

simon sprackling
Paula
is the simon in three me
Simon S

Re: GRR Crews

Clair Fennessy

I'm in the reserve list so not sure if there is space for me. I thought it would be helpful if I could train a bit just in case I'm needed.

Thanks

Clair

Re: GRR Crews

Hi Clair

My crew has already altered a bit and you will definitely get chances to train as it is always hard to get everyone together all the time.

It's quite a few weeks until the GRR and things change so you might get in a crew yet.

Martin
Sam

Re: GRR Crews

Sam
Martin,

Happy for whatsapp - I'll set it up if you like - can everyone email me their numbers?

Can only train Monday or Wednesday nights, and usually not home from school till 6:30. Could potentially do earlier on Monday but I've got staff meeting on Wednesday so not flexible. Weekends are a bit easier!

Will row in any position - and we need to smash our time this year...no pressure!

S x

Re: GRR Crews

eimearoc
Hey Sam
Thanks for setting up whatsapp.  My number is 07481641914.

Re: GRR Crews

Yes sorry done on the basis that we are a Ladies Vets crew and 5 of us rowed 2 years ago when we came third in the Ladies Vets category so we are trying to match or better.

Re: GRR Crews

Yes Simon it is you!

Re: GRR Crews

Paul Jones
Hi Brian. That would be great if you could cox this crew.
Thanks. See u at Bridport.
Thanks Paula for your organisational work.
If all the CShel crew could please send me mobile numbers, we can try & set up a messenger or WhatsApp group to get organised. My mobile is 07808730111.

Re: GRR Crews

Clair Fennessy
Thanks Martin

I can do any time mon thur and fri evenings but 6:30 onwards on tue and weds. I will send you a text so u have my number.

Thanks

Clair

Re: GRR Crews 2017

Gentle reminder about payment please, we can't register the boats without a full payment.

Re: GRR Crews 2017

Clair Fennessy
Will sort it out today. 🙂

Thanks

Clair

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jul 2017, at 11:41, robina and chris [via Langstone Cutters Gig Club] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Gentle reminder about payment please, we can't register the boats without a full payment.

http://langstone-cutters-gig-club.46974.x6.nabble.com/GRR-Crews-2017-tp34847p35137.html
To unsubscribe from GRR Crews 2017, click here.