Atlantic Challenge

Mark Brownjohn
Its good to see lots of positive things happening at the club this year, and I've missed quite a few weeks of training and seeing everybody, I've missed that.
Our boat finally went on the first part of its journey today and awaiting us in La Gomara for when we join it in 3 weeks time for its second leg to Antigua.
Its  unlikely that I will see anyone before we all go, so thank you to the usual people who make the club run as well as it does, you are really brilliant. I  hope everybody has a great Christmas, and I look forward to being a part of Langstone sometime in the new year.

Mark

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Greg Tutt
The very best of luck Mark.
Greg

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Great to hear from you Mark, wishing you a happy 60 th Bithday as you celebrate whilst rowing the Atlantic, you are a great ambassador for our club, I cant believe you first started rowing in our Open Rowing sessions just over two years ago. Very best wishes and loads of respect from Brian and Kath.

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Simon Hughes
Best of Luck Mark, assume you have a good cushion ?
See you next year.

Simon H

Re: Atlantic Challenge

You survived the hardest of challenges (Venice with us girls & Martin)... so this next one I'm sure you'll smash too. Very best of luck to all of you. See you when you have recovered & back on dry land xx take care

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Colin McPhee
Dear mark

Good luck and enjoy the experience

Happy 60 th when you get there

Cheers

Colin
Colin McPhee

07793 838261

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Good luck sailor, fair winds, if anything breaks before you start rowing home, call us, GrumpyGits cover Antigua also!

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Good luck and fair weather Mark hope you all enjoy the experience and that you won't find gig rowing a bit tame after.

Thanks for your kind comments on the club but we've found you to be positive influence also.

What do you plan for Christmas dinner - flying fish with a seaweed side plate?

Will it be possible for us to follow your progress?

Cheers Mate best of luck

Chris & Robina

PS: we can dip into our pockets when you get back for your chosen cause

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Aileen
Hi Mark

Good luck with the crossing - I hope you catch favourable winds and weather to help you have a smooth crossing.  Is there a tracker or some system of following your progress?

Hope you've got a special Christmas Dinner pack on board.  All the very best to you and your fellow rowers. xx

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Good luck Mark
Have a safe trip and I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.
Jackie xx

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Alan & Julia
Good luck, fair weather and following winds all the way Mark!

Alan, Julia & James.
Alan & Julia Robinson

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Lindy Filary
Good Luck Mark to all of you
Take Care
Lindy x

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Mark,
Who knew that there's such a crazy heart under that cool and calm exterior of yours!!

We are all in awe of what you are doing - and wish you all the very best of luck all the way.  I am sure you will have the time of your lives.

Look forward to hearing all about your adventure when you get back

Take care
xx

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Roo Lynton-Evans
Hi Mark,

Been missing you at rowing, but I’m trying to stay strong.  I guess I’m going to have to stay stronger for longer.

Hoping that the seas are benign, and that _that_ bucket never spills.  I’m really looking forward to hearing how it went - I don’t want to see the photos though, have a feeling that they might be quite dull and repetitive ;o)

Stay safe, and have a great adventure.

Roo

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Clare Gibbs
Good luck to you all Mark
Safe journey, enjoy the experience!
Look forward to seeing you when you return

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Rachel Norris
When you travel, you find yourself
Alone in a different way,
More attentive now
To the self you bring along

Hope you have fair winds and an adventure to remember!

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Mark all the very best of luck to you and your crew.  Hope you make great memories that aren't too repetitive
Definitely want a tracker so I can keep reminding myself what it would be like to step out my comfort zone!!  Well done all of you xx

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Errolg
Mark,

Good luck to you and your crew mate!

Enjoy the ride!

Cheers,

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Lance
Mark,

All the very best. Looking forward to hearing all about it over a pint in Turks Head?!

Lance

Re: Atlantic Challenge

Paul Jones
Wow Mark.
What an awesome adventure. Really admire you for fulfilling your ambition.
It’s going to be amazing, just steer clear of the IOW.
All the best. Paul and Michelle.
12