Quantcast

Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Subject to the wheather , We will be making our way down to The Hinge at Wittering for A day of fun and games, Tug O War , sack races , rounders  three legged races all members and families are welcome to participate . Some by rowing to and from the event , others by driving down to the main public car park at Wittering . High tide is at 3 pm so we can teturn on the incoming tide .
 It is anticipated that we will leave from Northney Marina at 10.00 am to arrive at around 11am to enjoy the sandy beach.
Mike Gilbert has kindly agreed to accompany the row with a safety rib . So radios need to be on board each boat tuned to channel 8.
We have the approval of the Chichester Conservancy to hold this event and to land with our boats.
All Crews must have a competant cox and crew members will need to satisfy their appointed competant cox of their ability to row in the prevailing conditions on the day.
One way rowing will only be considered where the repacement rower is of a sufficient standard .
Last year we found that the crews returning from Wittering were not maintained to the stength of the outgoing crews.
Having said all that, its a great social event and we allways have fun
We will take whatever gigs we have available at the time and we will need competant cox trainers please to come forward, along with potential rowers and drivers able to take passengers and kit to Wittering.
We have invited the cutters rowing club to join us as in previous years.

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Patrick W
Hi Brian, can I be considered for a rowing position either outbound, homebound or both ways if space is avilable, will passengers be allowed in boats for juniors etc.

Regards Patrick

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Love to join in, preferably both ways.  Sue

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Hi Patrick , Any junior rowers are welcome to row one way , subject to the weather or to be as passengers .
Hope this helps . Brian
Sam

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Sam
Hi Brian,
Me and the girls will come but will drive over like last year. Hoping it's a bit warmer this year! Looking forward to it x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Roo Lynton-Evans
Hi Brian,

Hurrah! our favourite event of the year.  Lou and I would love to come with the kids.

Would love to row/cox, would prefer to do one way, happy to either row there or back - whatever suits, but can do both if needed.  Lou's happy to take stuff in the motor if needed.

Thank you for organising

Roo

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Always a good day. I'm happy to cox if needed. I'll get the kites ready.

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Greg Tutt
Jackie and I would like to come please.
Jackie would like to row and I'll be happy to row or cox or rotate with someone.
Thanks
Greg

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Emma Walton
Emma , Jem & Heidi & maybe Matt looking forward to it thanks x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Hoping Molly and I can be there - rowing , coxing etc x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Looking forwards to it I would like to row if possible please

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Yes please for both of us,row or cox

Robina and Chris

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Kate Moth
Would love to join in! Will drive down with Sean and Leila :-)

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Still spaces for a few more rowers and limitless spaces for those travelling by road . .

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

les goodall
Hi Brian.
I find myself unexpectedly available on the 29th
.would love to row, picknick,fly my kite & play games.
Some friends & family may join me on the wittering side.
.... Les .... 🌊🚣🌊 😎

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Yes please for Michelle Paul Billie and Georgie thankyou

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Lee Farquhar
Hi Brian,
Id like to row both ways if possible.

Regards,Lee

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Apologies Brian, Greg and I will not be able to make this row now. Hope you all have a wonderful time! x

Re: Annual Spring Bank Holiday Monday 29th May , Kite Flying Picnic and Games at the Witterings.

Brian
Hi Goggers , We will start putting names to crews and gigs after wednesday of this week. If you have not already done so  please ensure that you have indicated if you want to row over or if you are driving to the Witterings to help in sorting out the crews .many thanks Brian