A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

 4 boats of ladies on  both days this weekend shows great commitment and we need to do the same as

there is an excitement building now  that teams have been proposed and 2k erg times have been called for.

These teams hold good for about six weeks when the selectors will look again and see how serious we all are

in making this year the best effort yet and to that end I would ask the "club" to bear with us and help fill empty slots on

Saturdays and Sundays in order to keep boats out training.

All "Scilly boys"  please send me a photo of your erg 2k by 14th Jan. Average watts  + your weight in kilos

to cockletickler@gmail.com,                     as a datum for your pre-Scillies training criteria.

So please lots of endeavour but remember you need to  peak by the end of April.

Please note that after the Scillies  selection for regattas starts again and includes the wider club with plenty of

categories and hopefully more Jurassic glory and to that end do as the little boy on the beach did chucking stones

at seabirds and leave no Tern unstoned.

Happy new year to all

Cheers CB.

Re: A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

StuartJ
Hi Chris,

I'm not going to the Scillies this year but will post for most Saturdays with a view to filling an empty slot in any of the boats if they are available. It was good to go out with the A's last week.

Unfortunately I can't make this coming weekend.

Re: A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

Re: A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

Re: A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

Re: A NOTE TO SCILLIES MEN AND THE WIDER CLUB

After consultation with Greg  Will has decided not to go to the Scillies on this occasion

so with that in mind Simon Sprackling has been given a few weeks to see if he can "cut the mustard."

Whereupon all teams will be reassessed by the group of selectors to make sure they display the right

criteria and fit.  At this point teams will be formally announced and training stepped up further.

As squads were not popular there remains in place the opportunity to move a rower from the next team

to plug a gap caused by unavailability however caused and this will have a "knock on" effect on other teams.

Please keep sending erg stats as we'll need them again in a few weeks time.

Keep working Remember there's no I in team.

Cheers CB.